It didn't take long to goof up..Help...

Reaction score
I installed Paralells in my new iMac. I started to install WindowsXP and I did something, moved the mouse or something, and the installation stopped. It is now suspended and I can't do anything. I tried removing and re-installing Parallels but the Windows installation screen is still there frozen. How do I get out of this.

Reaction score
Control click on parallels (the icon in the dock that is) and click force quit?

OP
P
Reaction score
Thinking of forgeting about Parallels and downloading Bootcamp.

Will I have as many problems with Bootcamp as I am having with Parallels. I was loving this iMac until I started with Parallels. But I need my software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Boot Camp turns your Mac into a PC. So it is exactly the same as a real PC. Well, it IS a real PC.

OP
P
Reaction score
How hard is it to setup bootcamp. I am getting pretty stressed right now with parallels.
This mac is beautifull and I would like to make it work but I just can't through all my software out.

OP
P
Reaction score
It works!

Sorry everyone, it was operator trouble. I figured out what I was doing wrong and now my programs install in parallels. Horay, I love my iMac again.

M

MacHeadCase

Cool that your problem is solved but care to post what mistake you made so it might help out others in the same situation you were in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
You stopped loving it, even for a minute? :O

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.