Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
To accurately calibrate your Mac, you need one of:

1/ Huey

2/ Spyder2Pro

These are both physical sensors that you sit in front of your Mac screen. They come with a program that you run on the Mac that displays the full gamut of colors, reads the result via the sensor hanging over the display and generates a proper calibration from that result.

If you are serious about digital imaging, you should not be without one of these, or something like it.

I use Spyder2Pro on my Mac and I must say I was absolutely amazed at what a difference it made once I installed the new ColorSync profile it created. Just amazing.

Don't wait, do it now! :D

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac
To accurately calibrate your Mac, you need one of:

1/ Huey

2/ Spyder2Pro

These are both physical sensors that you sit in front of your Mac screen. They come with a program that you run on the Mac that displays the full gamut of colors, reads the result via the sensor hanging over the display and generates a proper calibration from that result.

If you are serious about digital imaging, you should not be without one of these, or something like it.

I use Spyder2Pro on my Mac and I must say I was absolutely amazed at what a difference it made once I installed the new ColorSync profile it created. Just amazing.

Don't wait, do it now! :D

Had the Spyder, didn't like it much for the PC, that's why I bought the Eye One 2 when I got the Mac.........plus that was the one recommended by the professional lab that I use (White House Custom color www.whcc.com ) And I haven't heard very many good things about the Huey. But overall I thing they basically do the same thing, just comes down to the software & personal preference. However I will say (as an update) that the "ColorEyes" software is some of the best I have ever seen! It works with your device (but check their list of supported devices) as it's software, but is far better than anything I have ever used. Also creates & installs the profile at the end.

http://www.integrated-color.com/

You can d/l the 10 day demo to try it. Just be aware that you have to register and put it in your cart and actually check out to get it..........kinda a little harder than the normal "1 click to try demo" thing. But well worth it......IMO. The software is $175, but I'm wondering if the profiles still load after the demo has expired........we will see. Of course I will need to buy it anyway to update new profiles, but for now just using the demo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Ouch!! $175? I think I will stick with Syder2Pro for now. I am quite pleased with its output.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Recently re-located to Louisville, Ky from NYC
I was having extreme brightness trouble with my new 24" iMac and Shades indeed fixed it. However it created 2 other problems. One I managed to solve..the other I have yet to. The first problem was that Shades was wreaking havoc with my white point. I noticed that my screen was unusually blueish. I was setting my wp to 6500 but it actually coming out as 7000. After pounding my head on my desk for a bit, I got the idea to fiddle with the tint color in the Shades preferences. It seem the defaut tint is shifted somewhat to the blue side so I compensated by shifting it more towards the yellow which after some trial and error managed to do the trick returning my wp back down to 6500. Whew!

The second problem however I can't figure out. It seems that after I shut down/restart, my screen brightness plummets. The target for LCD is 120 and after a restart it goes down to 90 or below. This is a major pain in the butt as I'll have to re-calibrate every time I restart. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm using Eye-One Match v 3.6.2 with an Eye-One GretagMacbeth sensor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.4 Intel Duo core 24inch.
I think I found a way to get the luminance down

;)Hi All,

I was also having problems with getting the right luminance on my iMac (its 2.4 Ghz - 2 or 3 years old).

I am using a eye-one display2 made by x-rite and even with it i was having issues to get the luminance down. I installed shadows software and it kind of work but it was bit painful to manage and keep it accurate every time i was booting the computer. So what i did?..I deinstalled Shadows and have no software to manage my brightness on my iMac except the slider that you find in a preferences. I keep it down to the left....

I started to calibrate, keeping my gamma to 2.2 , temp 6500 and no it is the trick. I put my target luminance to 80 cd/m2. Went through the wizard to calibrate, skipped the bit about measuring the ambient light which may or may not have any importance, but I skipped it. Selected RGB presets and it all measured and I got pretty good results - the luminance was around 124 cd/m2. But I wanted to get it even more down to around 90-100. So i calibrated it again and set up the target luminance to the lowest 50 cd/m2 and I got eventually 90 cd/m2. And I am happy with it:)!!!!!!

hope this helps

Adam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.