• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who here has the greatest job?

Reaction score
I work from home an get paid an obscene amount of money.

How good is my job?

I don't drive to work.... EVER!!

Gas prices can be 10 bucks a gallon and I can still afford a HUMMER. Not the pathetic H2 or H3, but the real, I can run down your Prius H1 ;)

I have never EVER seen my boss' face. (though he seems like a nice guy)

My cable internet is FREE!!!!

My cell phone line is FREE!!!!

I've got this neat little toy called a Dell. I can get email on it but I do all my real work on a Mac.

I'm about to have my wife quit her job and be a house wife. The good news is that we're now going to adopt! The bad news is, its not you ;)

To keep me from spending to much money, my wife put me on a weekly allowance. However it is still more than a burgerflipper makes in a month.

I get the GM Employee pricing on all my new cars!

I now have all the time in the world to get into shape and become the Adonis that my wife truly desires. But instead, I'm reading Megatokyo.

So, how is your job?

/goes to get a beer......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
my job is awesome i bag groceries

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
I have 2 jobs. One is working at a grocery store, the other is skateboard counselor. Yea i get paid to skateboard at a skatepark. Pretty sick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz Core2Duo, 4gb PC5300 RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD, nVidia 8600m GT 512mb
I do deliveries at a grocery store. Typical high school job ;). Tips are good and $10/hr ain't shabby for a 17 year old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
im a line cook at Rembrant's Coffee House in the Bluff View Art District

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I'm a gigolo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
I dont do anything! Yay for college and boo for being poor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I'm an assistant teacher!! :D

I help improve their math, reading, and writing skills. I make a difference in children's lives!

That's all I need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
My Job is awesome :O
I work in a supermarket and sort the used bottles people come with, pretty cool huh? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Wow, your original post made me/my job seem like it's dirt to yours.

I work at Tim Horton's (it's Canadian, although some are in the border-states).

It's your basic "grab'n'go" coffee shop. I serve coffee and donus and muffins and bagels, and the like.. I hate it. The pay is crap, the job is crap. People are ignorant and don't understand how hard of a job it actually is.

on the bright side, I might be getting a promotion to supervisor, keyword being might..

Bah, I'd rather do the tech support for Road Runner for $12/hr than this crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
while I am going to school to be a technology education teacher, I am an apple ipod applecare agent. Basically I help the people who cant figure out how to use an ipod, get their ipod "working"...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2Ghz iMac w/ glossy screen
14 yr/olds cant get jobs X/ my dad makes a huge amount of money though o_O owns a cabin too, i'd like to thank him for the mac XP he does MRI's for two hospitals.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

How good is my job?

Gas prices can be 10 bucks a gallon and I can still afford a HUMMER. Not the pathetic H2 or H3, but the real, I can run down your Prius H1 ;)

I've got this neat little toy called a Dell. I can get email on it but I do all my real work on a Mac.

I'm about to have my wife quit her job and be a house wife. The good news is that we're now going to adopt! The bad news is, its not you ;)

To keep me from spending to much money, my wife put me on a weekly allowance. However it is still more than a burgerflipper makes in a month.

I now have all the time in the world to get into shape and become the Adonis that my wife truly desires. But instead, I'm reading Megatokyo.

So, how is your job?

You still didn't tell us what your job was.

Reaction score
I work from home too. I do contract web development/design work. It has it's perks and not many negatives at this point. I can pretty much work from anywhere that has an internet connection. I love it and make enough where I can live happily. ;)

Reaction score
I'm a software developer using the .NET framework. Do I get to work on macs all day? no. Do I have to work on a dell all day? yes.
now that, my friends... sucks.
pay = good. stress = bad.

Remember it aint all about the dollar..

Reaction score
Before retiring from Disney I think I had a fantastic job - I drove boats bringing people from their hotels and the parking lot to the Magic Kingdom. I went to work to play - not work. Free admission to Disney, discounts, etc., etc. I still get the free admission and discounts, etc.

Reaction score

How good is my job?

So, how is your job?

Good for you.
Just remember you can't bring it with you ;)

OP
Sgt Beavis
Reaction score
You still didn't tell us what your job was.

I'm a Virtualization Consultant. I basically show companies how to turn Large Datacenters into much smaller datacenters that use a ton less power and cooling. They also take up a lot less floor space.

Virtualization saves companies millions in those costs. IMO companies are just now starting to "get it" and there are relatively few certified and experienced people in my field.

Reaction score
Seeing as I am 14 no job for me yet, but my brother has a job as a valet parker. Lucky for him both him and his best friend got jobs there. He makes about 7 an hour, but with tips its about 12 an hour. You also get to drive some cool cars! That sounds to me like an awesome job for a 18 year old!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Let's see the government abbrieviations.

IT at the NTC for the ATF

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.