how to run windows applications on a macbook

Reaction score
hi, is it possible to run windows application, with the help of a third party application without installing ugly window on my beautiful macbook? I really don want to install windows, so i am hoping there is a way i can install windows application, without the help of windows runing on my macbook. pls help....thanks....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
What Application you want to run?... if it's a Microsoft suit or any other poppular software you can run it with Crossover. If you're trying to install something a bit more complex i.e. a game or anything else that requires VB or DirectX or whatever Windows programs use, try Parallels Desktop ... Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Intel C2D 2GB RAM 120GB Hard Drive
If you go with crossover, you will be left with limited possibilities, not all apps are supported by it. Installing windows with fusion or parallels would be better, and I think the apps would work better under the emulator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Nothing to do with hardware.
Moving to appropriate forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I know you don't want to install Windows, but have you taken a look at the Cohesion feature offered by Parallels? It's a great way to blend Windows programs into OS X, especially once you install a OS X theme in Windows.

Reaction score
hi, is it possible to run windows application, with the help of a third party application without installing ugly window on my beautiful macbook? I really don want to install windows, so i am hoping there is a way i can install windows application, without the help of windows runing on my macbook. pls help....thanks....

As far as i know the only possible way is a program called Crossover. It has been around for awhile in the linux community and might possibly run one for you under OS X, but it will be very limited as to what it will do.

Other than that you will have to use Parallels, or Boot Camp or some other such program that will require installing XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I know you don't want to install Windows, but have you taken a look at the Cohesion feature offered by Parallels? It's a great way to blend Windows programs into OS X, especially once you install a OS X theme in Windows.

Cohesion? Uh. You mean Coherence.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.