MacBook palm rest uncomfortable. HELP

Reaction score
I just replaced my iBook today with a new MacBook. I find the bottom edge of the computer to be extremely uncomfortable when I type. The sharp edge irritates my wrists. I guess the iBook had rounded edges because I never had this problem. Strangely, I can't find any threads about anybody else having this problem. Any ideas to help me out? Thanks.

Reaction score
Just give yourself some time to adjust to your new workspace.

It is new.

You need to get used to it before you can feel comfortable.

Or else, I suggest you strap pillows down to the palmrest with duct tape.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
marware protection pack helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
It is uncomfortable and is sharp. I just don't rest my hands on that area anymore...

T

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
Same here... it is really a pain in the *** and I don't think time will help.

Reaction score
sharp edges

I just replaced my iBook today with a new MacBook. I find the bottom edge of the computer to be extremely uncomfortable when I type. The sharp edge irritates my wrists. I guess the iBook had rounded edges because I never had this problem. Strangely, I can't find any threads about anybody else having this problem. Any ideas to help me out? Thanks.

I have had this problem for ages; it's been driving me mad and I finally Googled the problem and found that I was not alone!! There are lots of us out there with sore hands/wrists....anyway, I had been thinking of sanding the edges back and found that a couple of people had done this successfully so I have taken the plunge tonight and hooray; it was easy and is has worked!

OBVIOUSLY I was very careful; I masked off everything with paper & masking tape, including all the ports etc, right up to about 3mm from the edge. Then I used 150 grit paper for a first rub back, and followed this with a 320 grit paper to really soften it off. Used a soft clean paintbrush to remove dust from the seam along the edge before removing the paper etc and hey presto...all this took about 15 to 20 minutes, easy peasy, and it was SO worth it! Just registered on this forum tonight so I can share this with others. But don't make a hash of it and blame me - I am not supplying instructions so that you can all sue me! Just telling you what I did.....!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.