::: Cannot Video Chat Using IChat :::

Reaction score
My girl just bought a Macbook, I have a Macbook Pro. We're both using the same version of Ichat but we cannot connect. I'm on a netgear wireless router and shes using a linksys router. Why can't we seem to connect?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, NikeTalker23.

If you both use either AIM or .Mac accounts, maybe iChat FAQs might help. Among other things, it describes how to set up your router and lots more troubleshooting tips.

OP
N
Reaction score
I just read the page with how to set up the router lol Im so confused. Talks about ports, protocols, servers. I dont know where to begin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz c2d BlacBook 160gbHD 1gbRAM
Nter 23, hahaha how long u been on NT? I been on there since 2000..

Reaction score
The video chat for iChat is either a hit or miss. Sometimes I can connect sometimes I cant. Its a bug that Mac needs to fix / address.

btw. I'm a NT'r too lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well, if you are on the same local network, then enable Bonjour. It has worked for me every time in all kinds of networks (without any configuration)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
before getting into ports and protocols etc.. just try both getting a brand new AIM or .Mac account - the AIM account is free.

try sigining in and talking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.