I'm loving it !

Reaction score
I will have switched for exactly one week this wednesday, and just wanted to tell anyone still deciding to go ahead and do it, you won't regret! Everything is so much easier, installing and un-installing is an ease, and features like Expose and Spotlight makes my life so much easier!

Thank you to all those who patiently answers all the questions on this forum, you guys are so awesome!

Reaction score
I just made the switch recently as well and was a little nervous at first but within a week I felt right at home and could not be happier.

Reaction score
I too recently made the switch. A little bit over a week ago I purchased a 17" imac from the apple store. I didnt know they were releasing new imacs in a couple of days. When I found out I was a little mad but I was like what the ****. I was still within the return time for my computer and I called apple and they said come on in. I couldnt believe it, this just kicks major butt. So now i have the new 20" imac 2.0 ghz. I am still learning mac os x, the biggest problem I am having is that everytime i turn it on, i have to install firefox, this is my first mac and I am feeling like a complete moron.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
glad your all enjoying your new purchases, hey droo, bet you are chuffed you got to swap for a new iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM
the biggest problem I am having is that everytime i turn it on, i have to install firefox, this is my first mac and I am feeling like a complete moron.

It sounds like you didnt drag the Firefox application from the mounted drive to your applications folder. Try doing that. Then restart, and you won't have to reinstall!

OP
E
Reaction score
You need to drag the Firefox icon into the application folder. You can then delete the firefox icon you're using right now, and the .dmg file once you got it working correctly.

I found myself missing Expose at work, and I kept pressing the cmd button, only to find to find the alt key on the windows keyboard... lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0, 1gb ram, 80gb hard drive
i am on the same boat, i have been using my Mac for about 4 days now and although it still new to me i feel this was a good move

Reaction score
ok, where is the applications folder, once i click the dmg a window comes up and I slide the firefox logo over to the A. what am I doing wrong?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.