is it possible to free up some memory???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0, 1gb ram, 80gb hard drive
the macbook comes with about 20gb of programs already loaded, can i get rid of some stuff to free up some memory, i remember reading a post a while back explaning what you can do to free up HD space.

Reaction score
i guess you would reinstall the os without the trial stuff.and you could take out the other languages and some text styles.so i read

Reaction score
If you don't use it, uninstalling iLife frees up a huge chunk of space (at least a few gigs).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Actually, from the iLife suite, it's just Garageband that takes up a big chunk of space. If you don't use it, get rid of that along with its supporting files and you'll save somewhere around 2-4GB of space. Using a program like Monolingual which removes extra language packs should free up another 2-3GB of space. Getting rid of the iWork and Office 2004 Test Drive should free up another gig or so.

So altogether, you can save around 5-8GB of space just by getting rid of the things you don't use.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0, 1gb ram, 80gb hard drive
yea, i dont think i would be using garageband very often so ill most likely get rid of that. where can i get that program monolingual?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Not a hardware issue, moving to correct forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I deleted some unwanted printer drivers too. Every little bit helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.