• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hey Dennis

Reaction score
Remember who once said "i would never pay that much for a MacBook Pro?"

Well you can quit wondering when i am going to do it.... Stopped off at the Apple store in Okie City today to see what they had and here i sit in the motel room surfin the net on my new 2.4ghz 17" 7200 rpm MacBook Pro. It has everything but the kitchen.....woops, i think i just found the kitchen sink...(G)

Got to say, i am impressed... When i got back to the room i took it out of the box and hit the start button...next thing i knew it was up and running and asking me if i wanted to use the Best Western wireless network....Huh? and away we go..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Glad to hear you like it. What are you doing in OK City? Vacation?

OP
James
Reaction score
Well ya, kinda, we came this morning and will stay overnight and go back home in the morning. I had to come here to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investagation to be finger printed for a concealed carry license.

We just got back from having dinner. We found an Elephant Bar at the mall where the Apple store is. Had some good shrip jambalya again. Just like the one in Modesto, not spicy enough to be called good cajun. I told the chief to get a good box of Slap Yo Mama and he would get a rep as a cajun cook...(G)

Can't wait to get home and try out connecting with the home lan, will see if that wireless router really works.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you have any issues with the router, you know who to call. :D

Great on the Jambalya. I have had it about 8 times here now. Good stuff.

Congrats on MacBook Pro!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Well ya, kinda, we came this morning and will stay overnight and go back home in the morning. I had to come here to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investagation to be finger printed for a concealed carry license.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I live in south Oklahoma City and I was wondering how much it was to get the conceal and carry permit? I know you have to take a class, is it just one class and how long does it last? Thanks.

OP
James
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I live in south Oklahoma City and I was wondering how much it was to get the conceal and carry permit? I know you have to take a class, is it just one class and how long does it last? Thanks.

No problem guy. Yes you have to take a class. It runs for aprox 7 to 8 hours and you will probably be shooting at a range too. You will have to contact OSBI to get your packet of papers to fill out. They are located at 6600 Harvy i think it is, first exit off 77 going north past 44 at 63rd, turn left two blocks then right, second big building.

The class will cost you $65 bucks. The local sheriff will photograph and fingerprint you for about $35 bucks. Hopefully they will use a scanner because if they do it the old fashioned way with ink then OSBI will almost certainly reject the prints and you will end up having to go to OSBI and getting them scanned.

You then submit everything to OSBI along with $100 bucks and they will probably take 90 days to process it. The sheriff will mail it for you when you get the photo and prints. When everything is done and approved they will send the license to the sheriff and you will pick them up there. So you are looking at right at $200 bucks and 90 days wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
No problem guy. Yes you have to take a class. It runs for aprox 7 to 8 hours and you will probably be shooting at a range too. You will have to contact OSBI to get your packet of papers to fill out. They are located at 6600 Harvy i think it is, first exit off 77 going north past 44 at 63rd, turn left two blocks then right, second big building.

The class will cost you $65 bucks. The local sheriff will photograph and fingerprint you for about $35 bucks. Hopefully they will use a scanner because if they do it the old fashioned way with ink then OSBI will almost certainly reject the prints and you will end up having to go to OSBI and getting them scanned.

You then submit everything to OSBI along with $100 bucks and they will probably take 90 days to process it. The sheriff will mail it for you when you get the photo and prints. When everything is done and approved they will send the license to the sheriff and you will pick them up there. So you are looking at right at $200 bucks and 90 days wait.

Alright thanks for the info, I've been wanting to get one for a while just haven't yet. The next thing I need to find out is if Oklahoma permits work in Texas, I might be living there in a year so I definitely need to find that out.

OP
James
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the info, I've been wanting to get one for a while just haven't yet. The next thing I need to find out is if Oklahoma permits work in Texas, I might be living there in a year so I definitely need to find that out.

Not sure, but i think Texas will accept an Oklahoma permit. Tell you where you could find out though:

http://www.packing.org

You can look up the info here. I would say though if you are actually moving to Texas that they would then want you to get an actual Texas permit, but if you already have an Oklahoma permit that would probably be just a simple exchange type of thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.