24 in. iMac runs hot

Reaction score
I got my new iMac today and it has been running all day. It is quite warm. Is that normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
All computers 'run hot', its just that with an iMac you notice it more because its not coming from a tower that you don't pay any attention to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
i need help with seting up wireless on mac desktop please help asap

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I got my new iMac today and it has been running all day. It is quite warm. Is that normal?

Like the other member said...if you had a tower under your desk before you probably tended not to notice the heat. A little heat is normal. If you feel weary of it take it to the apple store and ask them if its normal or not... but in experience heat is normal. Heck my Ibook I can't even sit on my lap comfortably for extended periods of time. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it.

i need help with seting up wireless on mac desktop please help asap

Nice Hijack of this guy's thread...I would suggest you go on over to the airport/networking area. Check out CWA107/207's FAQ on wireless networking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.