iPhoto - Error message on export

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
I have been exporting groups of photos from within iPhoto to my desktop for import into a different iPhoto library. All is going fine, except for one group of photos. When I tell it to export, I set it to go to my desktop - create new folder, name the folder, etc., but I get an error -- "Directory exists -- exists as directory at destination. Aborting the export" No matter what I name the new folder it won't work. Even exporting the photos individually to the desktop does not work -- same error message.

Anybody seen this? How do I get those photos to export? Thanks in advance!

I have purchased iLife '08, but figured I should work this out before updating. Or is there something in '08 that would help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Have you tried to highlight and just drag your pictures to the desktop ?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees! I was so wound up in the "export" thing, that I did not even think of that! Last evening I tried your solution, and it worked like a charm the first time! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
It's always the simple solutions that are hard to see...Fresh eyes and all that. I'm glad it helped ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.