My iMac came today

Reaction score
It is beautifull. I just have to learn how to use it. How do I make the programs fill the screen? It is so large but when I go online it only fills the middle of the screen. Haven't tried any programs yet so don't know how they are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
To make them fill the screen, press the green button, then drag it to fit the screen. Next time you launch the app it will be like this automatically.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Congrats on the purchase ;)

Safari and indeed most Mac applications will only maximize (using green button on right of the window) to the size they need to be to allow you to get the best from it - so pressing the green button on some web-pages will show you a larger browser window than other web-sites.

You can of course 'stretch' the browser window to the size that you'd like by dragging the bottom right corner.

EDIT:

Smurfy got there first :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
My MBP just arrived about 2 hours ago. I share your joy :D

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks everyone

Thanks, I think I am going to love this machine. It's my first Mac and I have been using it all day and have learned a lot. I think I am even going to like this chintzy little keyboard once I get used to it.
The one thing I will never get used to is the mighty mouse. I plugged in my logitech and it works great.
Looking forward to installing paralells and windows and I will be able to run my favorite progrmas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Congrats Pastle!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.