The new iMac is *anodised* not brushed aluminium!

Reaction score
The new iMac is *anodized* not brushed aluminium!

Why does every review and blog out there on the net, keep saying that the new iMac is "brushed aluminium"?!. It is clearly *ANODIZED* - look, it even says so on the Apple website:

New from the outside in.

iMac sets new standards for elegance and power. It packs a complete, high-performance computer into its all-in-one design. With its anodized aluminum frame and glass cover, it’s striking to behold. The glossy widescreen display — available in 20- and 24-inch sizes — makes photos and movies come alive with rich color. The use of recyclable glass and aluminum makes iMac friendlier to the environment, too.

I wonder if any of these copy & paste merchants, have actually any idea what BRUSHED aluminium looks like?!. I'm sure that the 30 or so iMacs in the Apple store I visited, looked NOTHING like this.

Brushed Aluminium Surface
-------------------------

4lj8yol.jpg

I just hate factually incorrect journalism, but MORE so when the dilberts have never even SEEN the product, but just copy/paste from other reviews. If it looked like that, then UGGGHHH!. We all know Apple are moving away from the whole "brushed metal" look, so this reinforces the nonsensical nature of these reviews saying so, even further.

Could the whole "brushed" nonsense, be a hangover from all the Apple rumours predictions?.

Here ends the "rant" hehe. :)

Reaction score
Why does every review and blog out there on the net, keep saying that the new iMac is "brushed aluminium"?!. It is clearly *ANODIZED* - look, it even says so on the Apple website:

I wonder if any of these copy & paste merchants, have actually any idea what BRUSHED aluminium looks like?!. I'm sure that the 30 or so iMacs in the Apple store I visited, looked NOTHING like this.

'Brushed Aluminium' is a genre of finish, and may/may not be Anodised...

OP
glosswhite
Reaction score

'Brushed Aluminium' is a genre of finish, and may/may not be Anodised...

Yes, I am well aware, but the fact is that the lazy ***** didn't research properly, and a higher percentage got it wrong, because they simple copy and paste paragraphs. I laugh at their incompetence, and sheer lack of common sense. They could ave visited Apple's site in a flash, and corrected it.

Whether or NOT it is anodized, it is *CLEARLY NOT BRUSHED!*

:)

Reaction score
Its clearly anodized... has anyone removed the grey anodized finish and re-anodized it in another color???

It beats paying $800 more for one from ColorWare!

Reaction score
who cares what it is? does it really bother you that much? personally i couldnt care what it was, i buy a computer to be a good computer. not to care what its made from. whatever it is it looks fine. so why get so upset about it. do you think anyone cares that you dont like some reviews? dont read them then!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Actually it is brushed aluminum. Anodizing just adds corrosion resistance. The iMac is considered brushed because it has a matte and not a glossy finish. There are several looks to brushed aluminum not just the one you posted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.