A few questions...!

f1d

Reaction score
Hi all!

Got my new black Macbook (fully upgraded everything) and I now have a few questions. Completely new to Mac as well.

Firstly... I'm guessing everyone else with a Black Macbook has like a "greasy" (not sure how to describe it) track pad from just normal use? Does it hurt to clean this? And this is normal right! (I have clean hands lol!)

I do however, realise the black mac is a finger print magnet!

Secondly... when I put in a cd/dvd... it makes quite a few clicks before taking reading it and whatever... so it's quite noisy. Someone told me the slot drives are quite noisy anyway, so I'm guessing this is nothing to worry about? The DVD's are read fine and don't appear to have any damage on them.

Ok, think that is all for the moment, will no doubt be posting again when I think of some more! Your help is appreciated!

Reaction score
Yeah you're fine cleaning the finger prints off...clean with glass cleaner that's ammonia free if you want, I sometimes use wet wipes. Just something light and non-corrosive.

Yes the drives are noisy, it's completely normal. Don't worry about it, enjoy your new Macbook.

Reaction score
How can you enjoy it if it's noisy? They still haven't fixed this?

OP
F

f1d

Reaction score
Well, mine hasn't been noisy the whole time, just when I put the disc in (it makes a few clicks and noises before it starts spinning etc - it's hard to describe!). I'm probably making it sound worse that it is as well heh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
as per cleaning your trackpad, use Purell on a q-tip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hey f1d,

Congrats on the Black MacBook. I have one of those as well.

The whole drive making all those clicks thing... Its absolutely Normal. Nothing is wrong with the Drive itself.

About the finger Print issue... Yeah thats the price you pay for having the Sexy Black MacBook. But all the previous posters gave ya all the tips on that already.

Have Fun and Enjoy your MacBook Experience.

Cheers

MMM

OP
F

f1d

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Thanks for your replies and advice, will take the recommendations of cleaning it into mind!

Also thanks for putting my mind at rest over the CD drive, much appreciated!

Apple Mac is certainly the way to go... and looking forward to using it for a very like time :D

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.