Which is better Safari or FireFox ?

Reaction score
Hey All ..
which is better to use in Mac Safari browser or Firefox ?

Another 2 things,
1- how to import my Internet Explorer favorite links file to the browser (either Safar or Firefox) ?

2- how to maximize the browser page ?
i mean like making it same as the whole screen size (like the maximize button in Windows) ?

:Smirk:

Reaction score
i'm here, there, everywhere i can't be seen i'm al
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo
Firefox will ask you automatically if you want to import.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
No one can tell you which is better. They both have pros and cons. For example, I will pick the biggest pros and cons of each here:

Firefox
Pro: Plug ins.
Con: Doesn't blend with Mac OS X so well.

Safari
Pro: Integrates perfectly with OS X
Cons: No plug ins

Ya...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I love Safari.

Pros:
The interface works nicely with OS X
Fast
Elegant
Integration with OS X

Cons:
No plugins
Compatibility

Firefox:
Pros:
Compatibility
Plugins

Cons:
Feels slower to me
Hideous UI
Doesn't work well on OS X

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks all for your answers
but what do you mean by no plug-in ??

And if i am using the Safari, how to import ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600

Hmm. I'm not sure. MAYBE, just MAYBE, we mean that there are not an abundance of plug ins for the Apple made web browser known as Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5

I think they're referring to Firefox's extensions.

Extensions are small add-ons that add new functionality to Firefox, from a simple toolbar button to a completely new feature. They allow you to customize Firefox to fit your own needs and preferences, while letting us keep Firefox itself light and lean.

And, to whomever made a comment about Firefox's awful interface - aside from not being grey, what makes it so fundamentally different from Safari? To my eye, they're pretty much the same.

Reaction score
When I first started using Mac I kept using Opera for awhile, then switched to Safari, then Firefox, but it slowed down a lot so I am back with Safari again. Matter of individual interest, as was stated above.

Reaction score
I'd say Safari as it pretty much has the basics covered, but it looks better thatn FireFox lol

But there is a problem that I have on Safari. Whenever I go to photobucket, and search for pics (obviously), NONE show up! All I get is a bunch of white question marks on a blue box appear where the pics should be. This is also a problem on myspace, where display pictures of my friends come out as question marks.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Safari integrates better into the OS, launches quicker and renders slightly faster, not that most people could visually tell the difference.

Firefox is, IMO, more stable, works with more websites, has better customisation, deals with ads better with Ad-block and has far superior pop-up blocking options (i.e. you can target specific sites to allow pop-ups or not, something Safari has unforgivably not featured even in version 3).

Incidentally, there are Firefox themes that give the 'Aqua' look, and FF3 is done completely in Cocoa - you can download the Alpha RC. It's stable, but renders pretty slowly - the last build was Minefield.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
But there is a problem that I have on Safari. Whenever I go to photobucket, and search for pics (obviously), NONE show up! All I get is a bunch of white question marks on a blue box appear where the pics should be. This is also a problem on myspace, where display pictures of my friends come out as question marks.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Am on Photobucket and can not duplicate your problem. Can you give me an example URL?

Reaction score
Am on Photobucket and can not duplicate your problem. Can you give me an example URL?

No its not really a URL type of deal. Just ANYTHING. I searc for dogs, cats, michael vick, beckham, you name it. Sometimes when I refresh the page maybe like 2 or 3 pics show up but thats it.

First of all, its completely slow and when it finally does finish loading, the blue question marks pop up again where the pics should be.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Something is wrong on your end then. I just did that and put in cats, dogs, ETC. Page loads were very fast and all the pics showed up.

Running an iMac G5 2.1Ghz iSight here with 10.4.10 and all other updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
Ok as someone said before i would definatly try Camino, its the best browser for mac, it loads super fast and has a really nice clean interface. just go to google and type camino browser and it should be the first one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i would totally have agreed with the camino thing. it is a great browser... i have been using safari lately 'cause i was building a site for someone using camino (and simpletext.. 'cause i'm rad:p) and i was having a little links issue. probably my fault, but safari was doing it fine.
and for anyone wondering why camino is the best choice..
it is built on the firefox engine so it is just as compatible with webpages. but it is written in cocoa (a language designed just for os x) so it runs great in os x, and it has the os x look and feel too it. and i believe there is a growing number of plugins for it.

Reaction score
Camino is mozilla based but has a much better look and feel. I use Firefox for now as I use several operating systems and I like the same interface across Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.

I tried Safari on Windows and it was too betaish for me at the time. I used it on the PowerMac G5 along with Camino and Firefox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.