• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

powerbook question

C

cplayo

do you guys have any idea if any new powerbook hardware will be available after wwdc? is it worth the wait, i really cant wait to get my notebook...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
What are your intended uses for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Hopefully not a Paper weight or Door stop? Right?

;)

OP
C

cplayo

im a soon to be college freshmen, double major computer science / biology. i plan on using the powerbook to program mostly, but i plan on playing some games if time allows.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

you mideswell go ahead and get your powerbook..they just release the new 1.5ghz model just a couple months ago (2 i think) so its going to be a bit before another upgrade..plus with the new launch of the imac and emac models its defintly probably going to be a while. i think the powerbooks will be left aside for a bit until the have the g5 processor ready to go in...these books are already lightning fast with a g4 why push it more

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.