Accessing my Mac Mini Remotely

Reaction score
Hi,

I am officially week two into owning my own Mac and I must say I love it! Originally I had the older 1.83gb processor model and took it back for the newly released 2.0gb processor.

At the moment, I have my Mini in my front room without any keyboard, Monitor etc and connect to the Mini using a Windows XP machine. I have enabled Apple Remote Desktop in the System Preferences \ Sharing folder and installed TightVnc on my Laptop to access it. Normally this works just fine but occasionally the session will freeze and eventually I get the error “Connection Closed” and I need to start the session again.

Weirdly I never had this issue on my old Mini....

Is there a log file in OS X that I can view to diagnose what the problem is? Is there anything out there that works better?

Also on another note, I have heard that .Mac will eventually enable you to access your Mac remotely using a service similar to Logmein or Gotomypc, has anyone else heard this?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Gavin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.