• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

FYI, Good Deal on Mac Mini at Frys - Older 1.66Ghz Model only $500

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where deals were supposed to be posted, but I thought that deal was fairly notable. I think the complete Specs are:

Core Duo 1.66Ghz
512MB RAM(2x256)
60GB Hard Drive
Combo Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
I think $500 is pretty expensive,

Not saying I am interested, but it's in my eyes pretty expensive,

Checked out at Mac2Sell.net, and it values your Mac Mini at $450

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
I wasn't sure where deals were supposed to be posted, but I thought that deal was fairly notable. I think the complete Specs are:

Core Duo 1.66Ghz
512MB RAM(2x256)
60GB Hard Drive
Combo Drive

That's waaaay too expensive. If it was for the older 1.83 model, yeah, great deal. But 512MB? 60 GB HD? No super drive? $350 would be an OK deal. Not great, but OK. $500 is just 99 bucks off the retail price of the _old_ base model. Meh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
Sorry mate, you aren't selling the best Mac Mini ever :p

I think $400 would make start to start talking

OP
M
Reaction score
Less than a week ago this model was $600 at Apple... If you know of a better deal on a NIB mini, please post it instead of just trashing me for trying to help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Yea, I've seen G4 minis sell for $400. $500 is over priced but you aren't going to get a better deal on a NIB mini.
Good find! Thanks for the heads up!! I've been thinking about getting a mini and live close to Fry's. Must check it out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.