vista or xp = gaming?

Reaction score
ok so what happened. i was planning on playing world of warcraft but heck no i'm not going to pay 77 dollars for 6 months. anyways lets go straight to the question.. i need to install some form of windows to run a game. i'll only use it to play a certain game, nothing more. i was wondering according to this how should i divide my 160gb hd. i'd really appreciate it and if it would make any difference installing either xp or vista. which one should i use and if i install windows will i see a change in the performance. will the comp become slower or crash?? i dont want to screw up this beauty of a machine :D thanks.

Reaction score
Hi as a long time Windows user who just switched recently I suggest you install windows xp. It's way more stable and doesn't use nearly as much resources as vista. And if your just playing old games that do not need direct x 10 the games run better under xp. As for partitioning: you should always have at least 15% of your partition free for xp to run smoothly. I'd suggest you create a 25GB partition just in case. This way you have enough space when you decide to install another game besides WoW.

kuchiki

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i would agre stick with xp. as far as partitioning your HD i went with 15 gigs between microsoft office pro and XP (only programs i have on there) it takes up 4.7 gb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
Vista is:

- Full of bugs, although they claim they fixed already a lot
- and it takes MUCH, way too much, from your Mac, install Windows XP, there is nothing wrong about XP, except the fact that it's Windows :p

So I would personally go for XP ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.2GHz 2gb RAM 15-inch Widescreen
Vista is:

- Full of bugs, although they claim they fixed already a lot
- and it takes MUCH, way too much, from your Mac, install Windows XP, there is nothing wrong about XP, except the fact that it's Windows :p

So I would personally go for XP ;)

Amen.

you should check if that game has a universal counterpart.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.