The speakers on my MB Pro are VERY HOT! Normal??

Reaction score
I checked the temperature of my computer with the little "istat pro" plugin for the dashboard...
and it only reads 132 F ....whcih iguess is normal but my speakers are abnormally hot! its not so hot toward the bottom of the speaker..but toward the top of the speaker near the display..its pretty hot to the touch

can u guys touch ur speakers and tell me if it feels hot to you??

and also does anyone know how i can get the temperature reading up near the battery/sound icons? (so that i dont hav to keep clicking dashboard to see the temperature) it used to be up there but now its not...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
Mine is only hot on the left side, and probably the bottom of the speakers. Its not hot that I can't touch it but it's pretty warm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
I have a MBP Core Duo and the speakers get very hot. but its not the speakers. The Core Duo ( not the Core 2 Duo) Macbook pro's get very hot because of the processor. The Core 2 Duo is much cooler. but the heat spreader runs out to the speakers towards the screen. And because heat rises that makes the top much hotter than the bottom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
That is where the fans blow the air out. It is the exhaust vent, so they will be hot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.