question about idisk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
if i drag something into my idask on my desktop that doesnt mean it's actually been uploaded right? I'm assuming i have to sync my idisk for it to appear on the idisk via apples site correct? I've put all my photos and some home movies on idisk, about 4gb worth. When I sync it never actually finishes because it takes so long to sync. How long shoould it take?

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
I'm not sure how long, that could take a while. You should be able to set it to sync automatically, so anytime you drop something in, it syncs it straight away. Once it's up and running you should hardly notice it. I know this is a really dumb question, but I'm assuming you have a big enough iDisk to hold 4 gigs? Can't really understand why it doesn't finish the upload.

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh yeah I've got 10gb. On my idisk on my desktop it shows that I have just over 6gb free. I think i've never actually sync before so the initial sync takes the longest.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, make sure you've got it set to auto, then it will be little drips and drabs from now on and you won't notice. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Yer. Set it to Auto Sync in System Prefs. More coolier.

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah just done that. Seems to always be syncing? Because I use a mbp i dont like to leave it on when not in use (other laptops i've used burned up) so will this effect syncing? Dont want it to start over every time i switch off half way thru?

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can't say for a MBP.
I leave my iMac on for weeks at a time. If you turn it off before it's finished the sink, it's never going to work.
I think, your 4 gigs could take a few hours to up load, so, i suggest you take it all out again, and just do a little bit at a time, if you really don't like leaving it on. You can set the screen to sleep while it's syncing if that bothers you also. Can't think what else to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Auto Sync means that whenever you drag a file into your iDisk it will upload straight away, so it won't be syncing all the time or whatever.

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well i've sync all i wanted to at the minute. also i've sync'd some info that I update on daily basis, would I have to re-drag this file to my idisk to update it or will it automaticaly update once I've finished changing it. The file is excel doc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.