daemon tools & iWork

Reaction score
hello everyone I am thinking of making the big step to apple but trying to find that programs that I will need to have when I get my new apple so that I wont go crazy lol

I use daemon tools on my pc to play the DVDs I have as in "own" saved on a sever so we can watch them anywhere in the house is there any tools like that I can get with a apple pc, basically to mount a DVD image

also on iWork 08 I see if you miss spell a word it underlines it in red, is there a spell check that will tell u what to change it to?

thanks I know there two totally different things to ask in the same post but any help would be great thx!!!O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I use daemon tools on my pc to play the DVDs I have as in "own" saved on a sever so we can watch them anywhere in the house is there any tools like that I can get with a apple pc, basically to mount a DVD image

Macs mount disk images with the OS if they end in .dmg. If you are talking about a Video_TS folder, Mac's built-in DVD Player will allow you to open it from a remote location via the 'File' menu.

Also on iWork 08 I see if you miss spell a word it underlines it in red, is there a spell check that will tell u what to change it to?

When you right-click (with a mouse) or Command-Click or however you manage it, the pop-up menu will have choices for the spelling that you may have meant, just like a standard Windows-based MS Word app.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
In iWork 08 it's Edit, Spelling or Apple-Shift-Colon. That will bring up the spell check window and suggest the word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Edit to my above post:
The method for Spell Check I suggested is for System-Wide spell check, which is always being run in every text field by OS X's built-in dictionary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
this post was spell checked.
its system wide like snoslicer8 said

great little features quite handy. works in every app on mac that i use including adium .

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank You Alll

omg thank you all no one in the apple store could tell me this, even with iworks they said you couldn't spell check just tells you it is wrong you guys rock! sooo much thank you. I'm 100% sure now ill be getting an Apple!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.