Restoring Deleted Files

R

Reilly14

Hello all, I'm a n00b who needs help. I resently imported some photos from my vacation, but by accident, I copied another folder over them. I stoped the overwrite before it had more than 100k of the next file in it. I haven't shut down the computer yet or restarted or anything except install Data Recycler and register on htese forums. I also deleted the memor sticks data. So now I need to find those files. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

OP
R

Reilly14

I know people have viewed this thread. Could someone please help. It is really imprtant to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
What system are you talking about and what cam/photo software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Most of your files are still going to be there if you haven't done any more than what you indicated. You just need to get a data recovery program, such as, Drive 10 or Norton Utilities to restore the directory. I believe that Tech Tool Pro also has a data recovery option.

I've not tried Norton Utilities in OS X, but have used Norton Undelete many times in OS 9 with great success.

There are other programs available… don't know how good they are. Do a search at MacUpdate.com or VersionTracker.com to find more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.