Where are the system event sounds?

B

Barry Denmuff

I have just switched to Apple and I bought a G5 powermac and I love it. I am coming over from XP.

I have a couple of questions. Where are the event sounds? Not just the single default sosumi type sound, but assigning specific events to things like in windows, login, logout, empty the trash, ect. I have some awesome deadwood sounds I like.

How do I de-install programs? When I got the G5, I went out and downloaded all kinds of shareware and demo programs that now are wanting money from me. To my knowledge, there is no "uninstall" type feature as in windows.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
To remove any demos etc you are sure you don't want, just drag them to the trash, and open finder and select secure empty trash under the finder menu for the funal delete. Open system (Apple+ light switch icon on the dock or from Apple menu at the top) preferences and in the hardware list choose sounds

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.