sooooo happy

Reaction score
:D just got my macbook today and i got a couple of stupid yet unique questions:

1. how can i see how strong my wireless signal is? i know that you can click o n the icon thats near the time on the upper right corner but it doesn't say anything about how good the signal is. so any help would be appreciated.

2. thinking about installing windows on the other hd... BUT what will work better vista or xp? will they slow down my computer and take a lot of space? cause i'd like to keep the mac not only running smoothly but looking slick like macs. vista looks up to par and i'd just use it to play a game so will it slow my mac down??

thats it!!! thank you very much!

oh my specs .. 160hd/2.17ghz/1gbram

-akira

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
1. Notice how where you see how strong is the signal you see 4 lines. 1 line = bad signal, 4 lines = great signal! Pretty easy! :)
2. Umm as far as i have heard... iam not an expert, but for games XP is better than Vista.
And if you install XP it should run just fine on your mac!

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks!! oh and more question.. i noticed that the macbook's brightness changed when i switched from the adapter to battery. can i set it manually or does this thing have a brain of its own? thanks.

Reaction score
you can set it manually to your own preference by going to system preferences and energy saver.

Be aware that the defaults ensure you get the best battery life.

Reaction score
lol so will i when i get my smexyness glossy display

Reaction score
Hi akira! I just got my MacBook 1 day before you did lol, awesome piece of thing isnt it?

I have a small problem too if anyone can help...

1. My default wireless connection works fine, but it seems slow. I'm not sure if it's Safari or the connection itself, but opening webpages take a while. My sisters wireless-usb connection loads pages a lot faster (Windows XP).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Duo Core 2 2.16ghz, 2gig Ram, 120 gig HD
Hey,

In reply to question one, click on the airport icon and click network preferences. On the airport tab you can see a 10 bar representation of your signal. Much better for guaging your signal strength!

Cheers.

Reaction score
Yeh, i'm sitting next to my wireless AP lol.

I think it might actually have something to do with Safari, because it even takes google.com a while to load. Sometimes works faster if I force refresh it...

Picture 1.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.