Ibook stuff

V

vuschejan

Hello, I got an ibook about 4 weeks ago and now have some extra money. I wanted to knwo what you all have found usefull as far as hardware and software for you mac and how it helps you thanks!

OP
G

ghenrytaylor

vuschejan said:
Hello, I got an ibook about 4 weeks ago and now have some extra money. I wanted to knwo what you all have found usefull as far as hardware and software for you mac and how it helps you thanks!
First and foremost, additional memory, the more the better. After that, software you'll use or are interested in (for me, OfficevX and Photoshop), and an external HD (I purchased a firewire 60 gig unit).
These are for starters, let your imagination and heart fly (pocketbook willing).
Good luck and congrats on the iBook
Henry

OP
V

vuschejan

ghenrytaylor said:
First and foremost, additional memory, the more the better. After that, software you'll use or are interested in (for me, OfficevX and Photoshop), and an external HD (I purchased a firewire 60 gig unit).
These are for starters, let your imagination and heart fly (pocketbook willing).
Good luck and congrats on the iBook
Henry

Thanks, for the help i plan to get some of that im just hoping my mother isnt like SAVE IT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
A 2 button mouse is a must. Being a Windows and Mac user, I like the whole 2 button thing. Hate to say it but Microsoft makes the best mouse that I have bought in years. Ergonomic, Scroll wheel, 5 button, the works. Also, I would buy a Flash Drive. 128Mb should do not unless youre going to be carry something hefty. Congradulations on your iBook!

OP
S

sirlan

I bought a 512 MB flash drive, an extra 512 MB RAM, and an airport extreme card w/base station (being wireless is definitely worth it). I haven't bought any software yet but will probably buy Office (I like Excel better than the Appleworks spreadsheet program).

OP
V

vuschejan

sirlan said:
I bought a 512 MB flash drive, an extra 512 MB RAM, and an airport extreme card w/base station (being wireless is definitely worth it). I haven't bought any software yet but will probably buy Office (I like Excel better than the Appleworks spreadsheet program).

Yeah Ive got the extreme card and not a base satation but a d link router but yeah im definitley thinking about RAM

OP
T

The mac 13

more memory. i assume that ots a 14" so u but a 1gb memorry at crucial.com at US $425.99 (each)..tats the greatest investment..but if u r a clumsy person and drops yr laptop, buy a hardccase or a external hardisk...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I got a sleeve cover for sticking it in my rucksack and am going to buy a stick 'o ram (512) soon.

I also plan on buying an external soundcard for recording, but that is of course only interesting for recording with garageband..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.