iWeb '08 = more reasons to register with .Mac?...

Reaction score
With the new great improvements in iLife '08 which of course include add ons in iWeb such as being able to have your own domain & being able to edit HTML for your site for additional widgets... I was wondering if these two points are good enough for me to publish my site with .Mac instead of using seperate sites for my own domain name, web hosting, & FTP client of my own.

I'm not an expert is web publishing, thus needing help from the rest of you guys.

Couple more questtions for you iWeb & .Mac pros out there:
1) from the Apple site can't seem to find the upload limit for your site. Advices?
2) I have seen threads where ppl list out their sites published with .mac. I can't seem to enter most of them. It is either my problem or it is that you need to be a member of .Mac to be able to view sites published with .Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
2. dont need to be a member of .mac to view the websites hosted on .mac

sorry i cant help on the 1st one.

Reaction score
1. By upload limit, do you mean changing the allocation of your 10GB of storage space?

If so...log into your .Mac, click on iDisk, and at the bottom of the new screen that pops up there's a "Storage Settings" button. Click that and from there you can re-allocate your 10GB of storage.

Hope that helps if that's the question you're trying to get answered. I'm kind liking the new iLife thus far...streamlines very well I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: CD 2.0GHz, 2GB, 250GB, SuperDrive, 20" MacBook: CD 2.0GHz, 1GB, 60GB, SuperDrive, White
1) from the Apple site can't seem to find the upload limit for your site. Advices?
QUOTE]

what i meant was the upload size limit of your webpage when u design with iWeb & then publish it with .Mac..
thanks

Theorectically there is no limit on the size of your .Mac / iWeb site as long as it doesn't exceed your storage limit.

Keep in mind though that despite the upgrade to a 10GB iDisk, you are still only allowed 10GB of data throughput a month. Which means if you place 4.5GB of docs on it and a 1GB website (rather huge) and then re-download those 4.5GB of docs, all within a monthly billing cycle, you will have used your allowance and your site will be unavailable and you will not be able to transfer data to or from your iDisk until the next billing cycle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.