Importing iMac out of US to The Netherlands

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
Heya mates,

My brother is for a few weeks in the US, Wilmington NC, and I am planning to buy an iMac, and let him bring it home out of the US,

This because the prices are equal out here and there, but the only thing that changed is the currency, so we pay like 1.37 times more for it than you do ;) (I call it unfair)

I've found out that it will save me up to $215 to do this, and it's not illegal because I have to pay taxes at the border, so well ;)

But that is not my total question,

I was wondering is this possible with mostly the electricity? because they say the Volt is different out there compared to here, and I know I have to buy a new supply cable to power up the iMac,

So any hints and tips on this subject?

thanks!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And I've got a question more:

What kind of supply cable (for power) does the iMac use? I can't find ANY in the Apple store online, or on the internet,

so is it a special one, or just the regular electricity thing? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
you need an adapter is all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
A plug adapter should do the trick; the iMacs are made to handle 100v - 230v at 50 or 60Hz (which covers just about everywhere).

You might want to check your import tax laws though, as I'm sure in the UK we'd have to pay way over whatever we'd save in order to satisfy Her Majesty. You sound like you know what you're doing though :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've already contacted the Customs, and other law institutions and I know everything now to import the iMac,

What kind of adapter do I need? any special for the iMac or what?

Is it like a plug in the light network, going into an adapter, and that having another wire to plug into the iMac? something like that? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.