Is the wireless mighty mouse worth it ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hi there

I am ordering my MBP today :D and need to know if the wireless mighty mouse if worth the £50 or there abouts which they charge for it. Would you reccomend it ?

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I personally hate the thing. It just seems to be functionally lacking. Right and middle clicking are a chore, and the scroll wheel just doesn't feel right.

I also don't like the design decision to make the entire mouse one giant button. That works great if it were only a single button mouse, but like I said, it makes right-clicking a pain.

When compared to my Logitech mice or even some Microsoft models, the Mighty Mouse is just an inferior product.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thanks. i would ideally like a wireless mouse that doesnt have to take up a usb port. so it recognises the mbp's bluetooth.
any suggestions ?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I'd say the best mouse is the Logitech MX Revolution (RRP £70, but you can find it cheaper); or the VX Revolution (more portable; RRP £60, but again you can find it cheaper).

They both take up a USB port unfortunately; but they're leagues ahead of any Bluetooth mouse I've seen.

If the cost is a little steep, you might want to look at the rest of the Logitech range... I must sound like I'm on commission because I've recommended them to so many people, but I do believe they're the best.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol i believe you - commision etc... its just like i reccomend JBL and Apple to everyone !

ok thanks i will look into the logitech mice

thanks

any other suggestions would be helpful. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Actually, Logitech Bluetooth mice don't have to take up a USB port if you don't want them to. From my experience, they work great with the Bluetooth built into the Macbooks and the USB thing merely acts as a charging base.

Christm, you should know that you don't need to carry around a USB dongle to use a Logitech mouse

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok kl. BY THE WAY GUYS - i havnt bought my mbp today. i will order it in a few days. say 4-7 days time.

thanks 'kash' any particular logitech mouse u suggest ?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM
i just bought the MX Revolution today and the thing is amazing. i returned my mighty mouse for the reasons pointed out above. i plan on getting a VX Revolution for my macbook in the future :)

i always recommend logitech...though my days as a sole-mac user are only about 2 months worth, and they dont have very many products, i'm finding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I Love my Mighty Mouse. Even though it's BT, it's very fast and responsive with none of the "lag" I've heard many people mention with their wrieless mice. The bluetooth connectivity and low-profile design makes it very nice for taking with your laptop. without taking up too much space in a bag or getting connected. I always take mine to use while in class.

Some people don't like the scroll ball, but I love it. Right now my MBP is getting a problem fixed and I have to use my old desktop. I absolutely hate using my old mouse with the scroll wheel after using the scroll balll. The scroll wheels just feel big and clunky by comparison.

One last thing you can consider since you're buying a new MBP is that if you get Apple Care, any peripherals you buy from Apple at the same time, like a mouse, keyboard or monitor, will also be covered for 3 years under Apple Care. So if you're concerned with it breaking or the scrolling going bad, you can get it replaced easily.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow thanks. Thats definatly persuaded me towards a mighty mouse as it would be useful in school.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
The logitech VX revolution is equally as portable as the BT MM. The usb dongle is actually stored inside the mouse when you're not using it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104016

Edit: I realize you're in the UK, but the link above provides many many reviews and the complete specs of the mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Actually, Logitech Bluetooth mice don't have to take up a USB port if you don't want them to. From my experience, they work great with the Bluetooth built into the Macbooks and the USB thing merely acts as a charging base.

Christm, you should know that you don't need to carry around a USB dongle to use a Logitech mouse

Only 1 or 2 of the Logitech mice ARE Bluetooth.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yh i checked it out on there site. its one.

i definatly leaning towards a wireless mighty mouse atm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.