Mail Merge on the Mac?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am brand new to the forums here! I have a question that I would like to ask...

About two years ago, I switched to a Mac and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! It's a wonderful machine. Recently, I've been showing my dad what I can do with a Mac -- and now, he wants to switch from his PC to a Mac too. ;D However, I'm not too sure he can do his business stuff on a Mac... :Oops:

Here's what he needs to do:

1) Word processing
2) Spreadsheets
3) Database (Simple mailing list, with a few additional fields)
4) Perform Mail Merge, Print Envelopes and / or create Mailing Labels

Can a Mac do this? Right now, he's using Microsoft Works, but would love to switch to a Mac.

If you know how, (or have any ideas or suggestions), please let me know!

Reaction score
seems like all of that can be done with Microsoft Office for Mac... except maybe the database thing, Office Mac doesn't include Access... could he do that in Excel? I'm sure there's some other piece of database software for Mac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
funny how you say you had your dad change.....i preached the word of steve jobs, now the whole family (distant and close) Mac

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you for your wonderful advice! I will be sure to print this off for him -- some great links there...

Dusty

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.