Help with Chicken of the VNC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP: 2gig CD
So I'm setting up vnc on my home computers for my parents since i'm moving away and am having a little problem. When I use the home windows machines with RealVNC and type the public ip and not the router ip, it connects to my mac just like it would with the router ip. But when i type the public ip into Chicken of the VNC, it comes up with a "connection terminated" dialog box but it works when i type in the router ip. Any idea why or if i'm doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Are you connecting to your parents windows or osx pc?

If your connecting from home have you made a redirect w/ no-ip.com and forwarded the port (5900 is the standard vnc port) on your parents router?

When you connect to your parents computer you should be connecting as such in COTVNC
server: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5900, display=0, passwd as the passwd your set on your server. (x.x.x.x being your parents external ip (Link to find ext. ip)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
If you send me a screen shot of your parents vnc server config screen and your COTVNC connection and let me know if you've forwarded ports correctly I should be able to help you. Done a lot of this stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.