Is this a developer's joke in iWork '08?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
So I got my new computer about a week ago, then the new iWork came out. I did not want to have to pay for an upgrade to a product that I just bought so I called Apple, and they sent me a free copy, I installed it, and then OpenOffice was gone. Gone. there was a "?" on my dock where it was sitting, and I searched several times and it is no longer on my HDD. What gives? Is Apple taking out other programs? Or some kind of sick joke... Well thank you in advance!

ps- does anyone else with the new MBP have the problem of the space bar only responding if you hit it dead in the middle? I do not live near a mac store, so am I not able to find out if it is a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
I can only answer about the space bar...sorry. I can hit mine anywhere and it works fine.

Take care

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.2GHz 2gb RAM 15-inch Widescreen
lol, why would you need open office when you have iwork? maybe apple is just removing the inferior software :D.

TWM

Reaction score
get the space bar checked out for sure! thats not right! i had a windows laptop that had that problem, and it drove me crazy!!!

kao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Spacebar on my MBP works fine all over too..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
Space bars have always been an issue on any computer,

You just need a tiny space bar, to press right in the middle, or just don't smash your thumb on it like that! :p mine work totally fine, but mostly because I do not press it completely but my thumb slides over it pressing slightly, never going to kill that one :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Apple would not do this, I'm sure you must have accidentally caused it or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM
I don't know why the icon is gone, but OpenOffice may not be working if X11 got disabled. I'd check that first. For the space bar, since your computer is so new, take it to the apple store and see if they can fix it quick or replace it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
x11 is all set, thats the funny thing...
but i think i will have my space bar checked out. thanks a lot everyone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.