canon mp460 printer issues

Reaction score
i just bought this printer with my mac and am trying to set it up now before i move to my apartment but am having problems

the actual printer seems to be working fine as ive made several copies and all of them look great
then i set it up with my mac and the issues began
i tried printing some pictures and some word docs and the printer does recieve the job but it prints nothing
the actual sheet of paper will go through the machine but nothing is being printed on it..

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Anmol

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i just bought this printer with my mac and am trying to set it up now before i move to my apartment but am having problems

the actual printer seems to be working fine as ive made several copies and all of them look great
then i set it up with my mac and the issues began
i tried printing some pictures and some word docs and the printer does recieve the job but it prints nothing
the actual sheet of paper will go through the machine but nothing is being printed on it..

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Anmol

Did you install the drivers for the printer?

OP
A
Reaction score
yes, of course, but i decided to just do an old windows trick of restarting everything and deleting the old drivers and reinstalling them and now it works...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
yes, of course, but i decided to just do an old windows trick of restarting everything and deleting the old drivers and reinstalling them and now it works...

OK, I asked because sometimes the Mac will pick a generic driver if no aftermarket driver is available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.