Pandora widget for dashboard..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12.1" G4 1.33ghz 512RAM 40GB, iPod 2nd Gen 15GB
is there such a thing?

Reaction score
Safari does it!

With the possibility since Leopard to snip part of an html page from safari and make it a dashboard widget on the fly, it took me 1 minute to get the perfect [original] Pandora widget!! Try it, truly amazing :Smirk:

Reaction score
Pandora Widget

Hey could you explain how you built that widget a little slower?
thanks

Reaction score
Hey could you explain how you built that widget a little slower?
thanks
the web clip feature is amazing! (im using my own Pandora widget right now!)
to make your own:
1. open safari
2. go to Pandora.com
3. file-> open in dashboard and select the pandora "now playing" window
4. it will open in dashboard then click the little info circle and uncheck the "only play audio in dashboard" box

now you have a fully functional pandora widget

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods
loving it! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Pandora no workie in Canada. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - Mac OSX Snow Leopard - 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4 GB DDR3
Just one problem...dashboard must be open to listen to Pandora using the web snippet widget creator (*needs cool mac name*). Any widgets that don't require that?

Reaction score
Just one problem...dashboard must be open to listen to Pandora using the web snippet widget creator (*needs cool mac name*). Any widgets that don't require that?

Works for me. Just had to click the little i in the corner of the new Pandora widget and deselect "Only play audio in Dashboard"

Reaction score
sketched within

I am at 37 hours of listening this month - the maximum is 40 hours until I have to pay. Should I just buy the Pandora One then and not bother with PandoraMan? Has anyone here used both?

Pandora no workie in Canada. :(

Try a proxy - i.e. ProxyKey.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, Snow Leopard, Intel Core 2 Duo
battery

i noticed the OP has an iBook. just remember that if you use the web clip feature, pandora keeps running in the background, even if you pause the music. this drains your battery life noticeably. and if you close the widget, you have to make a brand new widget the next time you want to listen to pandora--which can be a pain

not that big of an issue, but an issue nonetheless

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I am at 37 hours of listening this month - the maximum is 40 hours until I have to pay. Should I just buy the Pandora One then and not bother with PandoraMan? Has anyone here used both?

Try a proxy - i.e. ProxyKey.com

I wouldn't risk losing money on a paid proxy service. Most of them are recognized by the likes of Hulu, netflix or Pandora. I get hotspot shield to work on occasion, but that's only with the aid of Airport Extreme. The firewall manages to do what the proxy can't alone, kind of acting like a tunnel. But sometimes it doesn't work, it's a gamble.

Doug

Reaction score
man this is awesome!! Even more of a reason to love a mac! Thanks for the info!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.