Watch a BRAND NEW iMac being unboxed!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
OP
U
Reaction score
Well well well... what a very sad state of affairs we have, when people who enjoy watching "unboxing" videos, are criticised by other people who don't understand why those people wan't to watch them; but it isn't this, it is the fact that you criticise people for doing something *YOU* personally, cannot get your head around, when in fact it would be a great deal easier to simply make no comment whatsoever.

I think that if any one person comes on here and explains something they... *THEY* enjoy doing, and are subsequently shot down in flames because of it, then the people doing the criticising, maybe should just take a step back, and realise that we are all different, and we all like different things, no matter *HOW* quirky or odd they seem to another person.

Schweb - no offence dude, but I thought that as a moderator, you would have a little more integrity than to jump into someone's thread - a harmless and fun thread - and start waving your (virtual) arms about, and getting all hot and excited over something that maybe you _personally_ dislike. Live and let live is quite a good phrase, and yes - maybe looking back at some of my previous posts, I needed to do so, which is what I am doing now.

Noone is perfect, but then again don't expect everyone to fall into your pre-categorised ideals of what a person should or should not enjoy. This is a community, and we all like different things; think how boring life would be, were we all the same.

I like watching unboxing videos which is why I posted it here, because I happen to know that others passing through, will also enjoy it, no matter HOW small that number may be.

Thankyou for your time.

Why are people being so mean? It's something special opening something you've paid a lot of money for, especially when it's something as nicely packaged and put together as a Mac.

They don't share the same quirky interests as us dude, but the irony is that I don't expect them to, nor do they need to make some kind of "point" to this effect. If you don't like something, noone is asking you to partake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Schweb - no offence dude, but I thought that as a moderator, you would have a little more integrity than to jump into someone's thread - a harmless and fun thread - and start waving your (virtual) arms about, and getting all hot and excited over something that maybe you _personally_ dislike. Live and let live is quite a good phrase, and yes - maybe looking back at some of my previous posts, I needed to do so, which is what I am doing now.

First off unlokia, I'm going to let your personal insults go...this time. Second, given your history here, I would be very, very careful about lecturing someone else on integrity.

Also, you must not understand the definition of the word since integrity has nothing to do with the fact that I find these unboxing obsessions to be crazy. Just as you have a right to go gaga over someone pulling something from a box, I and anyone else can voice the opinion that it's ridiculous.

People have differing opinions. You are not the thought police. People can choose to agree or disagree on any topic as long as it's done respectfully and without personal insults.

M

MacHeadCase

Nope, unlokia, you don't seem to get it: it's the ad nauseam links of the same thing. I can understand a video of how to install more RAM in a Mac Pro but endless links to unpacking an iMac? Gimme a break!

I'm an Apple fan, hard to be more of an Apple fan than I am, but too much IS too much no matter the subject especially unpacking a new computer which isn't educational at all.

OP
U
Reaction score
First off unlokia, I'm going to let your personal insults go...this time. Second, given your history here, I would be very, very careful about lecturing someone else on integrity.

Also, you must not understand the definition of the word since integrity has nothing to do with the fact that I find these unboxing obsessions to be crazy. Just as you have a right to go gaga over someone pulling something from a box, I and anyone else can voice the opinion that it's ridiculous.

People have differing opinions. You are not the thought police. People can choose to agree or disagree on any topic as long as it's done respectfully and without personal insults.

I don't actually recall having insulted you, unless that was how your interpreted my reply... possibly due to the fact that you have a grudge against me for how I may have behaved previously, and have since apologised for this. Had I actually insulted you, then you'd have taken action (and rightly so) so this is evidently nonsense.

As you just said - or did you not? - noone is the thought police here, and as long as I am being polite, I can say what I feel, right?!. As long as you can respect my right to like/say/do what I wish, which I will, in a respectful manner, then I obviously respect that same right, for you.

I think you have read far too much into this, and I mean this without any insult perceived or otherwise imagined. If I this isn't being polite, then I shall give up. Are you out to spoil my day?. I am not here to spoil yours, nor anyones my friend.

Respect is mutual, and earned, whether you are a moderator or not - surely you can see this, and I'd respect you a lot more if you took some of your own advice, as I am trying to do with mine.

Thanks mate. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't actually recall having insulted you, unless that was how your interpreted my reply...

You said I had no integrity. That's pretty insulting.

Respect is mutual, and earned, whether you are a moderator or not - surely you can see this, and I'd respect you a lot more if you took some of your own advice, as I am trying to do with mine.

Thanks mate. :)

Second, I don't need your respect, nor am I asking for it. The forum rules govern this place. You either abide by them or you don't. Whether you respect me or not is completely irrelevant and doesn't change the fact that clearly you have issues in this community.

And I would think your "red" reputation status would help you begin to see you clearly are not liked by your peers here. You "my friend" are too often on thin ice and need to find your way to solid ground if you would like to choose to remain here.

OP
U
Reaction score
You said I had no integrity. That's pretty insulting.

Second, I don't need your respect, nor am I asking for it. The forum rules govern this place. You either abide by them or you don't. Whether you respect me or not is completely irrelevant and doesn't change the fact that clearly you have issues in this community.

And I would think your "red" reputation status would help you begin to see you clearly are not liked by your peers here. You "my friend" are too often on thin ice and need to find your way to solid ground if you would like to choose to remain here.

I see your status is also red. Hmmm. Maybe you should just not converse with me at all. That would please us both immensely, and solve this imaginary "problem" that you have with me. This is a clash of personalities, and I don't need you to explain as to why it happens, I just know it is happening and I really don't like the way you talk to me right now. This doesn't mean I don't respect you as a person, it simply means you are patronising to the Nth degree toward me, and that is the plain and simple truth.

If you dislike me as much as you make out, then ignore me, because that is what I intend to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I've had about enough of this fun. Allow me to end it and allow you to find somewhere you'll be more happy with how people talk to you.

BTW, I have multiple green pips. That means good.

M

MacHeadCase

<Off topic>

Is it possible to have 9 red rep dots? I highly doubt it... :eek:

</Off topic>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.