What are good speakers for iMac?

Reaction score
My new iMac will be here next week. (hurray) What are good speakers to use? Does it have to be for Mac or will any computer speakers work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Any speakers will work, but the speakers that are built into the iMac are better than the external speakers I used on my PC, so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
I use the JBL Creature II speakers (2.1). Good sound, nice subwoofer, look great (to me), cheap. Your mileage may vary depending on what qualifies as "good sound" to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I have a set of Logitech Z3e's. It's a 2.1 setup and sound amazing. I recommend any of Logitech's speakers.

Reaction score
I have the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks and they are pretty decent and inexpensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I use the JBL Creature II speakers (2.1). Good sound, nice subwoofer, look great (to me), cheap. Your mileage may vary depending on what qualifies as "good sound" to you.

I have those speakers set up to my airport extreme and love them :) I listen to rock and blues and the speakers sound great. It'd be best to put them on a desk where you can hide wires behind because theres a power supply going to the sub, both small speakers plug into the sub individually, and then there is the cord from the audio source to the sub

M

MacHeadCase

Only your ears can judge which speakers are good for your iMac. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay, which type of music you're going to put through them and the usage you want from those speakers.

I personally would not buy JBL: I think you pay for the design more than the sound quality.

A friend of mine just bought the Blue Sky 2.1 Exo speaker set and man, those are the sweetest speakers I have heard in a very long time but they are not in the same price bracket either. With those, you get hifi components.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.