MS Office Onenote

Reaction score
Currently on my windows PC I take it to class and take notes from the class using the Office 07 program One Note. I've been looking for a replacement program but nothing that works or looks as slick as Onenote 07.

I'm looking for a program that functions like a notebook, it has tabs for the classes I'm taking, basic organizational stuff, ability to insert images, a free flowing layout, etc. I COULD do this in word or something similar but it doesn't have the journal view that I desire.

For refrence:
I keep a note structure of Semester > Classes > days

So to see notes for March 23rd for German 315 I'd click on Spring 07, then GER 315, then on the right I'd have headers for the specific note taking block (in german I took weekly blocks, in biology classes it was daily, I was also able to track lab results using built in table functions)

This will be the one crux of running a mac, I don't get onenote, worst case scenario, I buy crossover and run it through that (the devs of crossover say office works 100%, dunno about that though.) OR parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I haven't found anything good for taking/keeping class notes for Mac. There is a program that's a school-specific organizer called SchoolHouse you might want to check out, but I don't know if it will suit your needs.

IDK about that crossover program. I'd probably just go with Parallels, especially if you can get Windows for $5-10.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Check out VoodooPad - I'm not sure if it does images, but it does tabs and hyperlinks within documents. I use it for brainstorming and stuff, there's a free version and a paid one with extra features.

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
Soho notes looks like it would fit the bill, I won't be getting my mac for awhile but I am typing this from a coffee place RIGHT next to a compusa so I will swing there and download these programs and see which is the best ^^

Edit: I like alot of the features of SOHO Notes I'm reading about, specifically the lists and drag and drop features. Alot of my biology classes are doing power points and I don't have a tablet (apple needs to make a tablet!!!!!!) so I can't jot down the equations and such so I usually rip them from powerpoints or go home and scan in custom layouts and stuff, so hopefully it will fit the bill :)

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
digging up an old thread but thought I'd update, found a great program I've been using called Circus Ponies' Notebook.

It's definintly not a onenote replacement but it serves it's purpose. Even has some features one note doesn't have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Although it is not released yet for the Mac, EverNote is basically like SoHo (which is what I use right now cause I'm trying to go all MS free on my MBP.)

Here is the link: http://www.evernote.com/en/ to give you an idea what it is like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
Journler works very well for setting different folders, sub folders, and files. I found it at www.macupdate.com. And, it is FREE! (that's always good). :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I so badly wish for a MS Onenote for mac. It is the ONLY part I miss about windows. I don't miss it enough to run it through parallels though, seems like a huge pain. Right now I just use Bean.

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
iWork for my office suite, but I've grown to love circus ponies notebook. It does alot of what one note did, althought not as smoothly.

Evernote looks like something I'd want to use as a one note replacement but I didn't see any mention of OSX, and if I used it in windows I might as well go with One Note :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.