My Powerbook Is On Its Death Bed...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 450 MHZ 80GB HD 896 MB RAM; PowerBook G4 17" 1.5 GHz 512MB RAM
Hello fellow mac user's:

I am ashamed to say that I have dropped my powerbook and the display is broken. I have been able to remove the display but in the process I accidentaly broke the keybored connector. (if you've ever seen the inside of a powerbook or macbook you know what i mean) I am currentley looking for a powerbook 17" display and schematics. What I plan on doing is to use the schematic to jump start my powerbook and never turn it off again!!! Thats why I need the schematic. The display I can live with b/c I can integrate the working half of my powerbook with my entertainment center.

Please repond when you have or know where I can find the schematic for a Powerbook G4 or a fair priced display...:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
have you tried google?

OP
Tuleele
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
after extensive searching i found on another forum that apple does not give out schematics.... but its ok i'm have just as much fun picking out my new mac!!!!!

M

MacHeadCase

Hello fellow mac user's:

I am ashamed to say that I have dropped my powerbook and the display is broken. I have been able to remove the display but in the process I accidentaly broke the keybored connector. (if you've ever seen the inside of a powerbook or macbook you know what i mean) I am currentley looking for a powerbook 17" display and schematics. What I plan on doing is to use the schematic to jump start my powerbook and never turn it off again!!! Thats why I need the schematic. The display I can live with b/c I can integrate the working half of my powerbook with my entertainment center.

Please repond when you have or know where I can find the schematic for a Powerbook G4 or a fair priced display...:Oops:

Hi Tuleele! This might help you. :)

OP
Tuleele
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the link but that is the website that i used to take it apart. =) but this is what i broke:
04A.jpg

The connector is completely off the logic board. =( is there anyone out there that can tell me or help me find what pin from the ribbon i need to connect to the logic board so that i can just turn on the power???? once the power is on i can handle the rest....

04A.jpg

Reaction score
ya that happened with my trackpad.. the black plastic piece broke and now i cant use my trackpad... :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.