User is SLOW! ..like windows slow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver
Hi all

I've had my MacBook for a while now, and my sister has become quite attached to it, so I made her her own user. But I have found that my sisters account is much MUCH faster than my own account :/ ...

Is this because her account isn't an admin account, and how can a clean/speed up my MacBook??

Thanks for your help.

Zacariem

Reaction score
Could be down to simple preferences. Do you have programs loaded when your login? Do you still have preference files for old programs in ~\Library\Preferences folder? Maybe a clear up of your \User\xxx folder is required.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
try downloading oynx and clearing out your caches. I find my macbook get's it's zip back when every it starts to feel groggy. Usually once every few months. If you want you could do it when you do your monthy battery calibration.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook with 4GB RAM and 80GB memory + 500GB external hard drive. iPod Classic Silver
thanks allot for your help

yes i have a few programs that run on login, which I have removed. This has sped up my MacBook quite a bit, but I'm also going to try oynx in a moment :D

by the way...what is the monthly battery check thing?? I've never heard of it and it sounds important :/

thanks again

Zacariem

Reaction score
it checks your battery for errors, like using too much energy or spending too much energy etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.