• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

i have this sweet mac, but im bored

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12.1" G4 1.33ghz 512RAM 40GB, iPod 2nd Gen 15GB
so im finally starting to get over the initial extreme excitement of having a mac! what kind of stuff do you guys do on your computer in your spare time, mac-world aside?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
Photoshop is my all time favorite, but I play with iPhoto and iMovie too. I make custom playlists in iTunes all the time or else I find I listen to the same music over and over. Let's see... podcasts can be pretty fun too...

I've also organized my life with Address Book and iCal. Just in time too since I was able to sync them with my new iPhone. Sounds boring but it feels pretty good to get those little details taken care of in an organized fashion.

Plus... BBEdit for coding... Omnigraffle for flowcharts and algorithms... OmniOutliner for scheduling and budgeting... iWeb to publish quick and pretty web pages so my distant family can watch my kids grow... Onyx to optimize and tune up my system...

Just turn your web browser off for a few minutes and outline a few personal projects you'd like to do. Then put them in some sort of order and get to them one at a time. Start a journal/blog, do amateur page layout with Pages, brainstorm a business plan for your next get rich quick idea, create a podcast (utlize that camera and microphone in your computer!), log on to Skype and meet some complete strangers from eastern Europe. There's a bunch of apps that came with your computer, maybe you can master a couple of them over the weekend... I don't know, I really haven't found boredom to be a big problem on my Mac. And I'm not a gamer but I'm sure there's a few decent games out there for your Mac.

Photoshop is my all time non-Apple app though, I'll bet I spend over 8 hours a week using it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Free Halo Demo with unlimited online play. Come and get pwned!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
link to the halo plz and thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
yes! please link halo :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
wheres the halo link ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i downloaded this one and it seems fine. multiplayer works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
oops, nevermind

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.2GHz 2gb RAM 15-inch Widescreen
wait...you guys don't do anything productive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I work on a mac at work (non productive)

I play on a mac at home (productive)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.