External Monitor?

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the Blackbook (over a MBP), and if I were to get an external monitor (17") would it have to be widescreen to use my MB on it? I was looking in Best Buy today and all the cheaper 17 inch monitors were square (unlike the MB screen). Would this be a problem?

Reaction score
I am using a MBP on a standard 19" LCD and once you have it connected, you can just change the resolution to match your LCD. In fact, OS X even does it for you in most cases!

I am running on 1280x1024, 75Hz and millions of colours - which isn't the standard widescreen format that the MBP uses.

OP
U
Reaction score
External Monitor - Widescreen?

I am going to get an external for my MB, and I was wondering what would happen if it wasnt widescreen? Would I have to change the resolution on my MB to get it to look right on the external everytime I want to use it? Or would there be some sort of thing where it remembers that when I hook up the external, to use a different resolution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
I use a non wide screen external and it works fine. It sets up automatically. Also if you change your wallpaper when plugged into the monitor, when unplugged it reverts to what it was before you plugged the monitor in, and then if you plug the monitor back in it changes your wallpaper back to what you made it when it was last connected. Just thought that was kinda neat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Nick/Chuck is correct, standard or widescreen, your MB will know which to choose, or you can change the resolution yourself through the Displays option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.