Recording Software For DJ's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
im a dj and previouslly used my pc to do all my sets recordings..

what software can i use on my mac to record live sets , edit sets ect..?

im using a powerbook too..

so im not sure if you might suggest garage band lol

cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
What software did you use on your PC? Are you simply talking about recording the output of turntables, or are you talking about a digital workstation for mixing? Traktor DJ Studio is one solution you might look into. I looked at it myself, but I was looking for something more along the lines of Mixmeister (for those of us not talented enough to do live mixing).

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
yeah no i mean from my mixer its self.. so i can record the sets im playing..

to be homest i was using a simple program to record the mix it wasnt anything special but then i was using SONY CD Architect so that i could break down the mix which was obviouslly recorded as one big file and add tracks into it to break down the tracks into a track list..

if that makes sence.. what would be a good program to record sets in and is there any programs i can do what i could do in CD Architect in a Mac format?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.