"The Unarchiver" problem...

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums so I hope I posted this in the right place. I'm having problems trying to run some programs that my friend gave to me. He burned them to a data disc for me and when I try to run/install them, I get this. Not sure what I need to do in order to get them working. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Shot at 2007-08-08

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It's an executable file (made for windows)... it won't run on OS X. It looks to be simply the "autorun".... are you able to get to the other files on the disc?

If not... have your friend burn the disc withOUT the autorun.exe.

Welcome to the forums!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
I don't think it will open the Autorun.exe because it doesn't have files in it, it's not a compressed file like you make with winRAR or winZIP; so there's no problem at all, you're just trying to open a program that will never open. And what programs did your friends give you? cause if the program has an "autorun.exe" i'd bet 100 mexican pesos that it's a program for Windows

OP
T
Reaction score
Well, he burned Reason 3 and Final Cut Pro. He said he downloaded the mac versions, but maybe he didn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Well THAT is certainly illegal...

Did you use your actual address when you registered here?

Your IP address will probably be reported to the Authorities.

Good luck man... I'd get that machine cleaned up REAL quick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
Well, he burned Reason 3 and Final Cut Pro. He said he downloaded the mac versions, but maybe he didn't.

I'm sure he didn't, I just bought Final Cut Pro for Mac and there's no EXE in it, and there shouldn't be any.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
There are no Reason and Final Cut Pro for Windows versions.

Also RIDE is right, you're screwed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.