PDFs in Firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Ghz MacbookPro, 1GB RAM, Radeon X1600, 100GB Hard Disk
Hello everyone :)

I tend to view PDF's a lot as part of my work. At any given moment I could have ten papers open, and they're mostly gotten from online sites like JSTOR or ArXiv. In KDE (on Linux), when I open a PDF from the browser, it is able to save the file to a temporary directory (that I don't see) and simply display the PDF right in the browser. When I close the tab, I never see the file again.

However, I cannot find a way to get this behavior in OS X with Firefox, since I am using Preview, not Adobe Reader. So my question is, is there any sort of plugin that will allow Firefox to embed Preview documents in itself?

This would be greatly appreciated, thanks :D

PS: I know about http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16527 but it forces Firefox to run as PowerPC, and that's not really a viable choice for me, the performance hit would be too great considering how much of a demand I place upon Firefox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.