• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Join the Mac-Forums Folding Team!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well it looks like you have a WU to your name through the mac-forums team :) Only 4 of us though.. come on peoples! Im about to hit my 10th WU here..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I started folding last night for the team. I'm about 40% done with the first WU now. In about a month, I'll have a 2 more machines I can put to it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
Glad to see that this is still around. Done it a long time ago, but stopped cuz I had no internet. :) Well about to restart it...

Just downloaded it, ready to start..
edit: just started. yay...

EY

OP
M

modenaf1

Darn... I tried to run my 1700 at over 2.5 Ghz on 1.8Vcore and ended trashing a WU at 90 percent done....nooooooooo it was like a 200 point gromac too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have two doing those.. really really long ones.. those are taking forever. And then the other two are working away at them.. Im stuck at 10 WU's though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Our team is doing really well for only having 5 members! We are currently 5079 of 31737 so that's not too bad! We would be doing even better if everyone in these forums joined and created a wu or two. It does not take up any of your time and you can't feel it in the background as you are working on your computer.. come on people! Do it! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I guess its not worth it for ppl on dial-up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's defiinitely worth it. What happens is that it downloads something to work on, then it works on it, then it uploads it to the server. So there are only two times that it really needs to be online.. and it will wait (I believe) until it has a connection, to download and upload, and the rest of the time it just works away in the background, without you even noticing it :) It takes anywhere between 15 hours to 1 week to finish a WU, depending on the WU you are given.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I think I must currently be working a a 1-weeker ;) lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah all 4 of the computers that I have it on, are all working on the 1 weekers.. and as much as I use my computer.. it'll end up being a 2 weeker :) And another one of the computers, the person that uses it, always puts it to sleep, so that one is going to be a 1-monther! :) The other two it should take a week to complete.. maybe less. So I might be at the top right now, but before mine WU's are done.. Im not going to be first.. eshox.com keeps catching up with me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I just downloaded it :) how can we check our team's stats?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In my signature.. I tried to make it easy on everyone :)

OP
M

modenaf1

Strider said:
I guess its not worth it for ppl on dial-up?

I am on dial-up :)

I decided to turn my AMD 1700 back over to team 32 last week. I might drop in and fold every now and then :)

If I go watercooling I might see if I can get it to 2.7ish Ghz and man will that be some awsome folding powwa!

-f1
:cool:

*edit* you guys wanna create your own forum just for folding like we did over at OC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
uuummmm, why am I not on there? My folding is like, 98% done but I don't run it 24/7 do I not get posted until I have done 100%?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Yeah Baby! I"m There!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man I am doing.. umm.. ticker's I think it's called.. so all the systems that I have it on is taking a good week or more to get one WU done.. Im guessing that people are going to pass me up during that time! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Murlyn said:
Man I am doing.. umm.. ticker's I think it's called.. so all the systems that I have it on is taking a good week or more to get one WU done.. Im guessing that people are going to pass me up during that time! :)

It's crazy you already have 20 WUs done, I have only 3 :( but I don't run it all the time, just when I'm going to sleep or I'm going to work, I suppose I could let it stay around in the background :p

I need to purchase some more ram for my baby, I need at least 4gb :p well, maybe not, but would be really cool to have anyways :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ack! eshox.com is beating me! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
CaptainMack said:
i just downloaded it. do i only get on the list when i complete 1?

Correct :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.