Recording Suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, White Macbook, iPod Video
I am a recent switcher from PC, and I have a question. How well does the embedded microphone record instruments? I have a friend who is very talented on the guitar and we always had problems with the auxiliary microphone on the PC recording a clean sound.

In other words, are there any accessories that are suggested that could be a "quick fix" to recording more clear audio?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G4 Digital Audio,466 MHz, 768 SDRAM
the embeded mic on imacs dont record anything well

if its electric your best of getting a jakk to mini jakk converter and plugging it in the line-in on your soundcard. there about a quid from any electricals shop.

acoustic- ive had good results at college just using a plain old cardiod mic and mic stand about a foot away in a quiet room hooked up to garageband.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
or getting a cheap interface. m-audio makes a decent one called the "fast track". it has an XLR and 1/4" jack input and works well with garageband, logic and pro tools m-powered software. it runs for $99, and can be found at most best buys, music stores, and i believe on apple.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.