Ordering 24 inch iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, White Macbook, iPod Video
You can really tell I'm a noob with this question..

Sunday evening, I went to bestbuy.com and ordered the 24 inch iMac. It is my first MAC and I'm a lifelong PC user. I didn't keep up with these forums very well and I didn't pay much attention to cnet.com or anything.. SO I had no idea they were going to redesign, mark down the price, and upgrade that exact iMac.

Here's my question.. I HAVE to use Best Buy to purchase this.. How long will it be before Best Buy picks up the new iMacs? I called both 1-800-MY-APPLE and 1-800-BEST-BUY and neither had ANY idea..

Also, is it really that big of a deal to get the newer one? I mean, obviously it's going to be $200 less plus a larger HD.. But if it's going to be 3 months before BB picks up the new iMac, I'll sacrifice..

Please advise.. BB shipped today!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dont have one yet <sob>
can you not cancel it ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
why do you HAVE to get it from best buy?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, White Macbook, iPod Video
Why I have to use BB

I can do a buyer's remorse and send it back in 14 days.. But I am impatient. I don't want to wait so long for BB to get it, if it's going to be awhile.

I have a BB card with 0% interest for 3 years.. Plus my cousin gets commission from it. So, that's why I have to use them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
My guess is that BB will have the new macs available very quickly... return the one you ordered. Get the new one!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.