a few Q'sfrom a possible switcher..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
hi everybody..iam thinking of buying a mac in a few weeks but there are a few things I'd really like to know..
1.Can i connect to a workgroup viawireless which is all winpc's and share files with them without any problems..?
2.Can i connect my smartphone via bluetooth witout any problems..?
3.And most important can i use a program to connect msn but i am only interested in chatting not video talking etc.idont need..
i've read a little about the program audium..(i hope ,spelled correct:))it seems like the best option but ithink it has some issues which it cant handle powerfully..
iknow it is a little(lol)long but hey!pls dont get angry with me i am a newbie here:)
just share your experiences..pls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12.1" G4 1.33ghz 512RAM 40GB, iPod 2nd Gen 15GB
Hey man, I'm pretty new to mac's too! I just got an iBook a couple days ago and so far so great. I think most newer notebooks come with BT, mine does. Which system are you thinking of getting?
Ive been using Adium for AIM. It's a good clean and organized chat tool and you can use MSN on it.

Reaction score
the phone thing will depend on the phone. I have a Motorola that works perfectly with my MB's Bluetooth, but right now I have a Samsung loaner while my phone is in for repair, and the Bluetooth doesn't work at all with my MB.

Adium works really well for MSN text chats. Its only real issue is that the file transfers are sloowwww... if you want you can always use the official MSN Messenger for Mac, but I think it sucks

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey man, I'm pretty new to mac's too! I just got an iBook a couple days ago and so far so great. I think most newer notebooks come with BT, mine does. Which system are you thinking of getting?
Ive been using Adium for AIM. It's a good clean and organized chat tool and you can use MSN on it.
i am thinking of getting a mbp 15inch i think it is easy to use and the 13inc mb seems pretty small but it isnt that great for watching dvds i think..but ofcourse i havent actually seen one so if anybody has a 13 inch mac so please tell how does it feel watching movies on it..thanx for the reply by the way..one last question was it easy to get used to it,i mean i dont even know how to convert videos on a mac:)
i'd be glad if you share your experiences:)

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the phone thing will depend on the phone. I have a Motorola that works perfectly with my MB's Bluetooth, but right now I have a Samsung loaner while my phone is in for repair, and the Bluetooth doesn't work at all with my MB.

Adium works really well for MSN text chats. Its only real issue is that the file transfers are sloowwww... if you want you can always use the official MSN Messenger for Mac, but I think it sucks

my phone is a nokia7610 and i am using nokia's phone suit to manage it..and i couldn't see any mac version on the nokia's site..but i've checked only turkey's page of course..it is pretty important to me if mb supporsts it even without a software...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
I run my iMac on a Fully Windows network with no problems at all.

I use Adium X for MSN Chat (its a multi IM Client like trillian etc) and is fully customizable. If u wanna use the inbuilt isight as a webcam for MSN then there is a program (can't remember the name atm)......but the official; Mac Messenger is sooo far behind the windows one.

Adium X FTW

Not sure about your cell phone bluetooth question though.

Sorry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12.1" G4 1.33ghz 512RAM 40GB, iPod 2nd Gen 15GB
I'm not sure if your phone will work.
if you're concerned about watching dvd's, i have a 12.1 inch ibook and i have no problem watching vids.
but yeah, 13" is larger than you realize. the only reason you're worried that its gonna be too small is because small is used in a positive connotation when it comes to portability

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I run my iMac on a Fully Windows network with no problems at all.

I use Adium X for MSN Chat (its a multi IM Client like trillian etc) and is fully customizable. If u wanna use the inbuilt isight as a webcam for MSN then there is a program (can't remember the name atm)......but the official; Mac Messenger is sooo far behind the windows one.

Adium X FTW

Not sure about your cell phone bluetooth question though.

Sorry

thanx anyway dude..i think Adium will be just fine,i mean i will be using it just for the chat..and by the way can you see inside of your friend's win pc's shared folders without any problems at all..??

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure if your phone will work.
if you're concerned about watching dvd's, i have a 12.1 inch ibook and i have no problem watching vids.
but yeah, 13" is larger than you realize. the only reason you're worried that its gonna be too small is because small is used in a positive connotation when it comes to portability

thanx man that was what i was wondering..portability does matter right but i know myself...i will say i wish i had the 15 inch one all the time:)

Reaction score
msn messenger mac to windows
I am using my MBP to chat with someone using msn messenger on a windows. I cannot use my cam because there is no option to choose. what do you suggest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If you made an appointment with the Genius Bar at an Apple store, you might be able to get someone there to help you connect your phone to a display unit in the store to verify that it will connect.

I don't see why it wouldn't though. I've had Smartphones running both WM5 and WM6 and they connect fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.