.Mac web gallery vs Picassa web album?

Reaction score
I've been using Picassa web album, and I love it for these reasons:
-1GB for free
-you can upload the full original size pictures so anybody can download the original quality
-you can set the albums as unlisted, meaning only people that knows the url will be able to see them. People that stumble to my Picassa web album frontpage won't see anything.
-iPhoto (06) plugin
-video in the same album, although for now I can only upload videos from PC

My main draw from the updated .Mac service is the 10GB storage and the sleekier interface. However, there are couple infos I couldn't find on Apple's site:
-Apple said people can download "Print quality" pictures. What does that mean? Can I just upload the full original size without any resizing, or will Apple adulterate/resize my photos? (like the free flickr account)
-It seems that the .Mac web gallery will have a frontpage that anybody can find. Can I set albums to be unlisted like Picassa web album, so only those that I send the url to will be able to view the pictures, without having to resort to password/forced membership?
-iPhoto 06 handles videos too. Will I be able to upload the videos to the same album as my photos? Or do videos have to be uploaded from iMovie 08? Is iPhoto 06 even supported?

Investing $99 a year is quite a bit. I'm at 85% capacity of my Picassa web album, but I can always open another free google account to get another free 1GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I would recommend Flickr to host your images.

OP
P
Reaction score
I would recommend Flickr to host your images.
I am using flickr, but IMO Picassa webalbum is superior in the fact that I can upload and download the full res of my photos, while flickr free account will force you to resize your photos. The question is, for a paid subscription service, is .Mac web gallery up to par compared to Picassa webalbum? The least I want to know is whether I can upload and download my full-res photos, of will .Mac force me to resize my photos to what Apple said "print quality," whatever that means.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.