next gen? revision?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I'm recently considering purchasing a MBP 15-inch and heard a few rumors about the next revision (or even next-gen rumors...i.e. MBP using Xeon chip and stuffs like that). I'm a musician and to be honest updates or not will not trouble me. But I hate to buy a product now only knowing a newer, better version will be out. (I've done this couple times with Mac, last time with a 40GB 4G iPod) So would anyone please give me some suggestion of what I'll be looking at for the next MBP update and when will that be. Also, is this a good time to make the purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I just bought a new MBP and they just put out the new line of them so i dont think that they will totally redo the laptops that soon but leopard is comming out soon so if you can wait till thats installed then i would buy it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i would buy it as you need it. you can forever wait for technology. im buying a mbp in the next few weeks and wil install leopard at a later date if i want it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Yea the MBP were just updated 2 months ago. Grab em. I did!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
what do you think of yours adler ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.